This is completely unscientific test, and is on the same format than previous one
After building 1.9.1 with MinGW and ignoring at least 120 errors, failures, halts and cross compile issues (more to come on that subject), I decided to take the Ruby executable for a ride. Compared the sudoku-solver against other versions and used current One-Click version as reference:
|ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [i386-mswin32]||13.144||1 (ref)|
|ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [i386-mingw32]||9.188||1.43|
|ruby 1.9.1 (2008-12-30 patchlevel-0 revision 21203) [i386-mingw32]||2.319||5.67|
I ran those tests in my laptop, since I don’t have access to my previous desktop computer (the one used for previous tests).
The raw numbers are here
Now, back to bed.